5 EYEWITNESS NEWS - UGLY PATIO CONTEST
1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. In order to enter, from 5:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 2, 2012, through 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 9, 2012, go to the www.kstp.com website, select the "Marketplace" dropdown menu and select "Contests" and then click on the "Ugly Patio" icon and complete the entry form (name, address, city, email address and daytime telephone number) and submit a photograph of your ugly patio/deck. KSTP-TV is not responsible for problems accessing the website or completing the entry, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the entry, or any other problems which might or might not result from this contest. Any person submitting more than one entry or an entry without a photograph attached may be disqualified.
2. HOW TO PLAY/HOW THE WINNER IS CHOSEN: Enter as explained in Paragraph 1 above. From all eligible entries submitted, Larry Pfarr, in his sole discretion, will determine the winner based on the following criteria: the scope of the project (28%), budget of the project (24%), location in the Twin Cities Metro area of the patio/deck (24%) and projects mass appeal to the viewing public (24%). The entry with the highest score using the judging criteria above will have their patio/deck transformed "live" on 5 Eyewitness News Morning between 5:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. on Thursday, May 10, 2012. In the event of a tie, the contestant with the highest score in the scope of the project category will be deemed the winner from among all tying contestants. The winner will be chosen on Wednesday, May 9 2012, and notified by telephone and/or email. 5 Eyewitness News will also be showing entries throughout 5 Eyewitness News Morning between 5:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. from May 2, 2012, through May 7, 2012.
3. CLAIMING YOUR PRIZE: The prize listed in Paragraph 4 below will be delivered to the winner's home on Thursday, May 10, 2012.
4. PRIZE: There will one (1) winner in this contest. The winner will receive a "make over" of their patio/deck, which will consist of $1,500 in planting supplies; the manpower will also be furnished to complete the makeover.
A qualified winner must also meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 5 of these rules. The winner is responsible for paying all applicable income taxes. A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities, and by signing the Prize Release, each winner accepts the prize, and even if the winner does not use the prize/trip, he/she will be responsible for the applicable taxes.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Individuals must be 21 years or older to be eligible to participate in this contest, reside in the Twin Cities metropolitan area and the owner of the home where the "makeover" is to be performed. Employees and the immediate family of employees of Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc. and KSTP-TV, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, are not eligible to enter. Anyone participating in this contest or claiming a prize in this contest in violation of these rules will be deemed to have forfeited the right to be awarded a prize in this contest and will be disqualified from participating in 5 Eyewitness News contests for a period of one year.
By entering this contest, each entrant is certifying that he or she is not a professional photographer, that the submitted photograph is his or her own original work, and that he or she has the right to allow the publication of the photograph without restriction, and that KSTP-TV's use of the photograph will not infringe the rights of any third parties (e.g., copyrights, rights of publicity, etc.).
6. CONTEST DEADLINE. All entries must be received by 5 Eyewitness News no later than 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 9, 2012.
7. RELEASE; CONSENT TO USE LIKENESS, VOICE AND ADDRESS: The winner must execute an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release. Each person entering this contest (a) agrees to release and indemnify Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc. and KSTP-TV, LLC (including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies) from and against any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with the awarding, acceptance or use of the prize(s), and (b) consents to the use by KSTP-TV for promotional purposes only of his likeness and/or voice, address (city and state) and his or her contest entry in any manner or medium without any additional compensation. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to be bound by these official rules, including the above release.
9. WINNER LIST: For the name of the winner, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope before June 15, 2012, to Winners List, Ugly Patio Contest, 3415 University Avenue, St. Paul, Minnesota 55114.
Decisions of KSTP-TV concerning any and all matters with respect to this contest shall be final. KSTP-TV reserves the right to change these rules, as well as the terms and conditions of this contest, without notice. KSTP-TV reserves the right to change the prize values at any time, or to substitute prizes of comparable value. Contest void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. KSTP-TV is not responsible for printing errors in the contest materials or these official rules.